Forest Bathing Retreat Days
Rest your mind, tend to your heart and nourish your soul on a nature immersion forest bathing retreat in the beautiful National Trust estate of Ickworth Park, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
The term Forest Bathing is the literal translation of the Japanese practice called 'Shinrin Yoku' and literally means to experience the atmosphere of the forest through your senses. It is widely acknowledged as a very therapeutic well-being approach with science to show that it reduces stress, improves immune system function, can alleviate anxiety and depression, improve the respiratory system and much more. We are not separate from nature, we ARE nature, so it is no surprise that we thrive when we are in our natural environment.
During these wonderfully nourishing retreat days you will by guided in ways that will help you to switch off your busy mind, awaken your senses and reconnect with nature AND with your own true nature. Each retreat is unique and carefully crafted to create a flowing and complete experience and includes the following:
* A natural mindfulness walk to a quiet woodland location in the heart of Ickworth Park
* Orientation of ourselves to the seasons through exploration of the Celtic Seasonal Wheel of the Year
* Guided opportunities to quieten your mind and awaken your senses
* Deeper meditation and nature connection through a choice of themed creative activities, such as mandala making, writing or drawing
* An opportunity to sample and explore flower, crystal and environmental essences
* We'll share lunch together under the canopies and complete the session with a tea ceremony.
These experiences offer a deeply nourishing way to come together, to reconnect not only with nature, but also to who we truly are - an opportunity to centre ourselves and realign with our authenticity.
This year there are Forest Bathing Retreats scheduled to coincide with Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice and Autumn Equinox. If you come along to all three, I invite you to join me on a complementary Winter Solstice Walk in December, so that you experience a deep connection with Nature through all of the seasons.
Spring Equinox Forest Bathing Retreat - 21st March 2020
Summer Solstice Forest Bathing Retreat - 20th June 2020
Autumn Equinox Forest Bathing Retreat - 19th September 2020
Winter Solstice Walk - 19th December 2020
Your investment for each retreat is £25 for national trust members and £35 for non members. I want to make these events accessible to all, so please contact me if you really want to come, but are unable to meet the financial investment. I offer some concessions on a case by case basis.
Please bring your own lunch. Booking is essential.